Monday, June 9, 2008

Finally! Science Secures Continued Savoring Of One Of My Sins!

New Hints that Red Wine May Slow Aging:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-2185173.html
http://www.nutritionj.com/content/6/1/27

Oh joy, oh joy. This study makes me happy. I eat well, rarely to excess, eat almost no meat, and an alcoholic drink barely passes my lips, but I love my red (and white) wine. Now, it seems, I can imbibe to my heart's content, in moderation of course, purely medicinally to stay alive. Maybe the ancient Jews and Christians knew what they were doing when they added wine to their religious rituals. Seems all the antioxidants and other good stuff contained in red wine appear to prolong youth and fend off aging. This doubles my determination not to quit the stuff. I always knew it was medicinal of the best kind. So glad science is giving me additional permission to stay on something I already enjoy. Sometimes the body seems to know how to care for itself.

The ancients were wise. Viva wine now and when I am one hundred and ten!

No comments: